Jacobson, Goldfarb & Scott, Inc. (JGS Insurance) was established over 100 years ago as an Independent Insurance Agency that is privately owned. Our goal is to assure that our customers are receiving the most comprehensive and competitive programs in terms of cost, coverage and service. We are now recognized as the largest independently owned insurance company in the state of New Jersey.
JGS is located in Holmdel, New Jersey. JGS is growing rapidly and as a result has an opportunity for a new Commercial Lines Claims Representative as an addition to staff. Our new office in Bell Works truly reflects an innovative and exciting environment with state-of-the-art surroundings. Bell Works is the reanimation of Bell Labs into a ‘metroburb.’ The building has evolved into a two-million-square-foot ecosystem filled with business, dining, culture, and more – all conveniently located in central New Jersey. Bell Works was recently named the most iconic building in the State of New Jersey by Architectural Digest magazine and coined “the coolest office building in N.J.” by NJ.com.
Position is responsible to assist commercial clients and third parties with collecting information, reporting and settling claims. Act as an agency representative when contacting carriers to follow up on commercial claims and assist with providing information to expedite claims settlement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transmit, fax or mail claim reports to carriers the same day notified of the loss.
- Answer telephone in a professional manner while taking client and third party claims and answer individual questions.
- Represent yourself and the agency in a professional manner while waiting on commercial clients or third parties in person and taking their claims information.
- Contact carriers to follow up on status of commercial claims and provide assistance with expediting claim settlements.
- When commercial clients inquire on the status of their claims, respond promptly with the appropriate information.
- Follow agency procedures for commercial claim processing and settlement.
- Provide management with reports on commercial claims activity.
- Review and follow up with carriers for reserve and closing amounts for claims and update the agency management system (AMS360/ImageRight)
- Notify management, producers and agency staff of large commercial claims or reserves pending for their clients.
- Maintain and record loss history, including payment and closure of claims in the client’s records and in the agency management system.
- Assist clients and claim adjusters with making appointments to review the loss.
- Upon receipt of summons and suits, immediately forward to carrier.
- Build working relationships with carriers’ claims representatives and managers.
- Document in the agency management system all conversations with clients and/or carriers pertaining to coverages and exposures and related documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working as a commercial claims representative or in commercial lines at an insurance agency or for a carrier.
- Valid NJ license for commercial lines of insurance involved preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent insurance experience and education.
- Have a thorough technical understanding of all commercial insurance coverages and claim procedures.
- Team player who is a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Possess excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of insurance management systems as well as Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. AMS360/ImageRight experience a plus.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with strong customer service skills.
Job Location: Holmdel, NJ