The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to be a top-of-mind concern for businesses and communities across the globe. The effects of COVID-19 are not only being felt right now, but they will be felt long into the future for both businesses and individuals.
We continue to monitor the quickly evolving situation, analyze potential scenarios and will provide updates. With that in mind, we have put together some resources which place a focus on preparedness and risk mitigation to help our clients respond to the emergency in an efficient way. Below you will find information from our own professional staff, as well as resources from experts and government agencies to arm you with the best of information moving forward.
For more information or to find out how COVID-19 may affect your business, we would love to hear from you and help guide you through the crisis.
Tuesday, June 23rd at 2PM EST: Live Webinar: Are You Covered? Understanding the Pandemic’s Insurance Coverage Implications
Tuesday, May 19th at 2PM EST: Live Webinar: What Now? Preparation for PPP Loan Forgiveness and Return to Work Challenges.
COVID-19 Informational Videos
Carrier’s Offerings Related to COVID-19
COVID-19 Blog Posts
- 2.23.2013 Workplace Guidelines to Protect Against COVID-19
- 1.13.2021 New Jersey’s Plan for COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
- 1.11.2021 Understanding the $900B Stimulus Package
- 1.5.2021 New Relief for FSA Health Care and Dependent Care Accounts
- 10.13.2020 The Bummer Summer
- 8.25.2020 Keep Your Company Safe While Working From Home
- 8.11.2020 Responding to an Employee’s Positive Coronavirus Test
- 7.28.2020 Understanding the Business Interruption Claims Process
- 7.27.2020 Compliance Alert – DOL Issues Revised Optional FMLA Forms
- 7.14.2020 The Benefits of Online Enrollment
- 7.7.2020 Could Coronavirus Affect Unemployment Insurance?
- 6.30.2020 To Reopen or Not to Reopen: That is the Question
- 6.19.2020 EEOC Updates Employer Guidance on Coronavirus and the ADA
- 6.5.2020 Compliance Alert – FFCRA Tax Credits, PCORI Fees and President Signs New PPP Flexibility Act (PPPFA)
- 5.14.2020 IRS Gives More Flexibility For Cafeteria Plans Due To COVID-19
- 5.1.2020 IRS Updates Tax Credit Guidance and DOL Updates FAQ for Coronavirus Paid Leave
- 4.30.2020 Benefits and Marketplace Trends Through the Lens of COVID-19
- 4.17.2020 Reopening a Business After the Coronavirus Shutdown
- 4.15.2020 Homemade Face Coverings and Mitigation Methods for Employers
- 4.13.2020 Best Practices: Staying Cyber-Safe from Home
- 4.9.2020 Social Distance: COVID-19 and Community Associations
- 4.6.2020 Cybersecurity Remains High Priority for Healthcare Institutions during COVID-19 Outbreak
- 4.2.2020 Business Interruption, COVID-19, and Loss Mitigation
- 3.27.2020 Coronavirus Resources for Employers and Employees
- 3.25.2020 Client Advisory: COVID-19 Cyber Attacks
- 3.25.2020 Impact of Coronavirus on Community Associations
- 3.23.2020 NJDOL Benefits and the COVID-19: What Benefits Are Available
- 3.18.2020 Coronavirus – Is it covered by Insurance?
- 3.13.2020 How Coronavirus Could Impact Your Business’ Insurance
Property & Casualty Resources
- Compliance Bulletin: OSHA Guidance on COVID-19
- Risk Insights: Protecting Workers From Coronavirus
- CDC Coronavirus Guide: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Response to COVID-19
- Compensation Rating & Inspection Bureau: NJ WC Bulletin #495 4.21.2020
- This is a revision to the New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Manual specific to COVID-19.
- For employers that had, or have, employees on their payroll from 3/21/20, through 45 days after the stay at home order is lifted, there are the following two options:
- Exclude from the basis of premium any payroll payment made by the employer to an employee who is not rendering services to the employer.
- Allow employees whose duties were previously assigned to a higher rated governing classification to be reassigned to code 8810 (clerical services) where those employees now work in a stay at home environment performing duties consistent with clerical operations.
Community Association Resources
- Becker & Poliakoff: Governor Murphy’s Executive Order to Cease All Non-Essential Construction Projects: The Impact on Community Associations
- Becker & Poliakoff: Becker’s community association resource page on COVID-19
- CDC: Mitigation Strategies for Communities with COVID-19
- Radom & Wetter: Community Association FAQs Regarding COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Washington Post- 4.20.2020: What community associations should do during the coronavirus pandemic
Employee Benefits/HR Resources
- HR Compliance Bulletin: Coronavirus and the Workplace – Compliance Issues for Employers
- HR Compliance Bulletin: DOL Issues Guidance on COVID-19 and the FMLA
- HR Compliance Bulletin: IRS Issues Guidance on Tax Credits for Coronavirus Paid Leave
- Legal Update: Coronavirus Bill Requiring Paid Employee Leave Signed Into Law
- Live Well, Work Well: Mental Well-Being During Quarantine
- Employee Work From Home Guide
- Medical Carrier Guidelines – Coronavirus Chart
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet Poster
- Jackson Lewis: Employment Law Presentation
- Optum: COVID-19 Emotional Support Line
- Easing Employee Stress Surrounding the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: FFCRA Flow Chart – Emergency FMLA and PFL
- Horizon BCBSNJ: Horizon BCBS COVID-19 Resource Guide
- ACA Compliance Overview: CARES Act and OTC Medications
- Legal Update: DOL Issues FFCRA Regulations on Paid Leave
- The U.S. Department of Labor has issued regulations to implement the paid leave requirements of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. This Legal Update summarizes the purpose of the regulations.
- SHRM: Coronavirus in the Workplace: Answers to the Most Common Coronavirus Questions
- HR Service, Inc: Employer COVID-19 Toolkit
Risk Management Resources
- CDC: Hand Washing Poster
- CDC: Hand Washing Poster – Spanish
- CDC: Stop the Spread of Germs (COVID-19)
- OSHA: Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- COVID-19 And Your Workplace Checklist
- OSHA Fact Sheet Protecting Workers During a Pandemic
- Business.NJ.Gov: What mitigation protocols are required for businesses continuing to operate?
- Worker’s Compensation Board of B.C.: How to Remove Gloves
- CDC: Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP: COVID-19 State Regulatory Tracker
- Evolve: Social Engineering Preventative Actions
- CDC: COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- CDC: Sick with COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- U.S. DOL: Guidance Explaining Paid Sick Leave And Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- U.S. DOL: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- U.S. DOL: Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act) Employee Rights Poster
- Guardian: 10 Things Employers Need to Know Now About Leave Law and Coronavirus
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: US Chamber Coronavirus Emergency Loans Checklist
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19
- U.S. Department of the Treasury: Toolkit for Financial Assistance
- CDC: Public Health Recommendations after Travel-Associated COVID-19 Exposure
- Auto Insurance Savings Guide for Service Members and Veterans
New Jersey Resources
- NJ DOL: COVID-19 Scenarios and NJ Benefits Available
- NJ DOL: Benefits and the Coronavirus (COVID-19): What Employees Should Know
- Call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for questions regarding the coronavirus outbreak.
- Text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive information via text message. For live text assistance, text your zip code to 898-211.
- Visit New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub
If you have questions about Small Business Assistance, visit:
If you have questions regarding Unemployment Insurance and paid sick leave
If you have questions about job opportunities