The primary function of this position is to meet the overall insurance needs of our Personal Lines clients. The Personal Lines Account Manager must provide prompt, accurate, professional service to our clients, producers, and company personnel in order to maintain and grow our personal lines book of business. The Account Manager meets sales, service, and quality standards adopted by the agency using our automated management systems (AMS360 and ImageRight).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Obtains all information required to complete an analysis of prospect coverage needs. Pre-qualifies and analyzes coverage needs, recommend coverages, and prepares quotes & proposals to sell new accounts.
- Actively solicits increases in coverage or rounding out accounts through sales to current clients
- Recommends excess and surplus markets as needed to meet client insurance needs. Educates clients as to coverage limitations and documents.
- Submits to eligible and appropriate carriers online or completes applications for insurance and has insured sign them. Follows up to ensure timely receipt of policies or quotations.
- Seeks referrals from contacts and current client base to solicit for new business prospects, follows up to generate new business using agency management system.
- At each renewal, reviews current client coverages and recommends changes in coverage and in markets, as needed to ensure high-quality coverage.
- Processes renewals and remarkets, as needed.
- Assists clients with making coverage changes and completes all service requests for clients.
- Informs clients of policy changes, exclusions of coverage and insurance coverage needs. Explains coverages and exclusions to clients.
- Assists clients in verifying coverage status, determining billing status and making payment of same. Provides receipt when available.
- Generates documents and produces correspondence to satisfy client service requests or to provide automated information, as needed by the client.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals when needed.
- Answers coverage questions and provide coverage options to customers.
- Reviews coverage and refers clients to the claims department for first report of the claim.
- Maintains orderly electronic files and information, following agency standards.
- Verifies accuracy and coverage adequacy of policies. Requests changes to correct errors and follows up.
- Discusses insureds’ loss exposures and recommends appropriate coverages and limits at every service opportunity.
- Process endorsements in real time
- Processes incoming email, voice and mail requests and responds promptly and appropriately.
- Schedule and plan visits to VIP and other clients as needed.
- Verifies accuracy of all direct bill cancellation notices, and take appropriate action.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management.
PERSONAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, coverages, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and stay current.
- Participates in continuing education to keep licenses current, obtain professional designations and learn more about relevant topics.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperates positively and provides information and guidance, as needed, to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Follows all procedures with respects to documentation of Policy status & tasks in AMS360.
- Foster strong relationships with our companies & customers to maintain a high level of client retention
- Valid New Jersey Property & Casualty License required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience managing Personal Lines Accounts including High Net Worth clients.
- Proficiency in Agency Management Systems (preferably AMS360 and ImageRight/WorkSmart), as well as Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Courteous and professional telephone manner and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet agency growth and retention goals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a high volume environment.
- Ability to maintain favorable relations with co-workers, clients, and carriers.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and underwrite assigned client and prospect lists.
- Organized, detail oriented and proficient computer skills.
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently without close supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Personal Lines Account Management: 1 year (Required)
- high net-worth client: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Property & Casualty (Preferred)
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org